What is a content management system (CMS)
Content management system is an application, interface or an app which will facilitate website owner (we can say website Admin) to manage the content without any programming or designing knowledge.
Content can be text, images, videos, links or an iframe. A good CMS in Oman will allow these as a basic function.
Example: let's assume your Company made a new product and now you want it to be on your company's website to showcase it to the online market. If you are dealing with the best content management system, it is just a matter of a few clicks. Login to your CMS and create a page for your product, now add the image, description of your product and make it live.
A company website has usually about page, CEO message, products, services, team, blog... You need the best CMS in Oman to manage these things from backend without any developer or designer help.
Why you need a Content Management System
In this fast-changing world, you can't stick to a particular product, service or a business strategy. You need to update according to the market and your competitors.
To showcase your products, services or business concept, the website in Oman plays a vital role and on that, if you have a good CMS to update your website, then for sure your business grows and dominates your competitors.
Benefits of using CMS over static website
- Saves your time - You don't need to design web pages everytime, with CMS its a matter of few clicks.
- Saves your cost - You don't need to hire a programmer or designer everytime to develop web pages or any section in your website.
- Minimul Knowledge - To manage content of your website, you don't need to have any knowledge of any programming language or a script.
- Multi User - Best content management in Oman will allow you to add users in you CMS and give them access rights of a section so that they can manage a particular section of your website.
Example: You can create a user for your HR (human resource) department to manage careers section and job applications in you website.
- Full control - You can deactivate a page or section from your website or portal at any moment, this is just a click far away from you.
Popular content management system in Oman
Flex is a user friendly, bilingual (English and Arabic), Secure (tested with penetration testing) and Efficient (0.05 sec uptime) content management system develop by a local omani company Rawat with respect to TRA rules and regulations.
Flex is used and recommended by leading company across the sultanate. Flex is built on Microsoft .Net platform and fully customized based on the client's requirement.
Flex has inbuilt analytics which shows your visitors on the website with various parameters.
It also has an inbuilt search engine optimization system which increases your website visibility and rank over the web. In other words Flex is a powerful content management systeme in Oman with all possible funtionalities that helps a business grow.
WordPress started in 2003 when Mike Little and Matt Mullenweg created a fork of b2/cafelog. The need for an elegant, well-architected personal publishing system was clear even then.
Today, WordPress is built on PHP and MySQL, and licensed under the GPLv2. It is also the platform of choice for over 31% of all sites across the web.
The WordPress open source project has evolved in progressive ways over time — supported by skilled, enthusiastic developers, designers, scientists, bloggers, and more. WordPress provides the opportunity for anyone to create and share, from handcrafted personal anecdotes to world-changing movements. People with a limited tech experience can use it “out of the box”, and more tech-savvy folks can customize it in remarkable ways.
Joomla! is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) for publishing web content. Over the years Joomla! has won several awards. It is built on a model–view–controller web application framework that can be used independently of the CMS that allows you to build powerful online applications.
Joomla! is one of the most popular website software, thanks to its global community of developers and volunteers, who make sure the platform is user-friendly, extendable, multilingual, accessible, responsive, search engine optimized and so much more.
Drupal is a content management software. It's used to make many of the websites and applications you use every day. Drupal has great standard features, like easy content authoring, reliable performance, and excellent security. But what sets it apart is its flexibility; modularity is one of its core principles. Its tools help you build the versatile, structured content that dynamic web experiences need.
It's also a great choice for creating integrated digital frameworks. You can extend it with anyone, or many, of thousands of add-ons. Modules expand Drupal's functionality. Themes let you customize your content's presentation. Distributions are packaged Drupal bundles you can use as starter-kits. Mix and match these components to enhance Drupal's core abilities. Or, integrate Drupal with external services and other applications in your infrastructure. No other content management software is this powerful and scalable.
The Drupal project is open source software. Anyone can download, use, work on, and share it with others. It's built on principles like collaboration, globalism, and innovation. It's distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). There are no licensing fees, ever. Drupal will always be free.
The term, content marketing refers to the art of promoting your products or services by providing valuable information to your customers at no charge. The quality of your content helps distinguish your store from others, increases your visibility to search engines, and provides support to your customers. This soft-sell approach is often more effective than advertising, builds credibility and trust, and can turn your store into a destination. Content is still king!
Your content should reflect the branding of your store, and be delivered with your distinctive visual presentation and voice to convey your message. Use pictures to tell a story. Educate, inspire, and entertain. With quality content, sometimes less is more.
Magento Open Source includes a powerful content management system (CMS) that you can use to create rich content for your store. In this section, you will learn how to create new content, and incorporate existing content to create a compelling experience that will bring your customers back to your store for more.
Things to keep in mind before you choose a CMS
- Is it Secure? Security of your website or content management system is the first thing you need to know. In this case 'Flex' is tested with penetration testing like other ministry websites in Oman. The database is managed with local hosting providers like 'Omantel' or 'Oman data park'
- Technology built on Choose a CMS with a best platform or the programming language you are familiar with.
- Is it Customizable? The best CMS in Oman should learn about the client's business and get customized according to his need.
- How about Content editor? This is the area where you will spend most of your time in the whole CMS. The content editor should allow you to add text, images, links.. in a best possible way.
- Multilingual support Top Content management system in Oman should support Arabic language. There should be provision to add English and Arabic content from CMS.
- Customer support Rely on the content management system which gives you the best support. In this case, Flex gives you physical support 24/7, a Technical support person will reach you at your door and help you in all possible ways without charging you any extra cost.
Content management system is the best way to manage your website and help your business grow online. There is a lot of content management system in the market but before you choose to buy any of them make sure about the physical support they provide.